Start, Run, Grow Your Business Program
Sponsored by Palo Alto Software, State of Oregon Broadband Project, and the Lane SBDC.
A Proven Online Course for Successful Self-Employment
Learn at your own speed to plan and start a new business, or grow an existing business. The course provides an overview of entrepreneurship and the basics of starting a business.
Start, Run, Grow Covers All of the Key Elements
- What is an entrepreneur?
- What are some of the legal issues you'll face?
- How do you forecast sales and expenses?
- How do you build a team?
- What are the tax implications for your business?
- Who is your target market, and how do you reach them?
- What type of financing is right for your business?
- How to get visitors to your website and keep them coming back?
- How do you use your business plan to manage your business?
Course Materials and Cost
- LivePlan online software: walks you through the entire business planning process.
- The Plan-As-You-Go Business Plan, by Tim Berry, Entrepreneur Press
- 3 Weeks to Startup, by Tim Berry and Sabrina Parsons, Entrepreneur Press
- The Art of the Start, by Guy Kawasaki, Portfolio Press
- 12 modules with video, PowerPoint, textbooks, and personal advising
Additional Features offered only through the Small Business Development Program
- 1:1 Advising and guidance throughout the course: on site, video, email, phone
- Student only website with additional materials.
- Individual help with business planning and projects.
Who to Contact
Offered in partnership with:
subject to change without notice.
Lane SBDC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Service Provider.